Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Video Treatment


1.     The Topic: The “ism” I chose to do for my video project is racism. I chose this “ism” because I believe we are surrounded by racism everyday and I feel like it’s a huge problem in our Country, but many don’t realize it.

2.     The Story: For my video I’m going to do a video poem.  I’m going to pinpoint the main ideas of how racism still exists today and how we can avoid these problems.

3.     Software: The software program I’m going to use is Xtranormal. I’m pretty familiar with this program since I have used this and MovieMaker several times before. If I do run into a problem I will look online for help or since my brother is a film major and is very familiar with these programs I will ask him.

4.     Research: My main resources that I will use are the two books we were told to get for this course. I will also use my knowledge that I have learned so far from this course as well as the many blog posts.

5.     What is your timeline for completion of the project?  Well today I will finish my video treatment. After this, Wednesday I will begin brainstorming on what main points I want to focus on. Thursday I will begin to write my poem. Friday I hope to finish my poem and begin to put it into video format. By Saturday if I haven’t finished producing the poem into the video I will do so. Lastly I will add music and pictures. I hope to have this finished by mid day Saturday. 

6.     Take away message: After my video I want people to understand that racism still exists today. I want people of the dominant groups to understand that they are the most privileged and powerful. I hope people are educated with this video poem and if they are racist themselves that they begin to stop their racist attitudes.

5 comments:

  1. I chose to do a video poem for my project too. I'm very interested in seeing your completed product and I think racism was a great topic to choose. Hopefully these videos we're creating can help spread the word about the issues in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im really interested in seeing how you set up your poem. i am also doing racism but my setup is different and i'm curious of how you will get your message across with a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested to see your video poem too. I have never, or at least I can't recall ever seeing a video poem. Racism is a great topic too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be interesting. Racism is a great topic and would like to see your video poem. It is no doubt an amazing way to spread out the message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!

    I also decided to do racism. I was going to do the video poem, but I thought a dialogue would fit better with my topic instead. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete