Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lady Gaga

If I was asked if Lady Gaga was a feminist before reading that article I would probably say without a doubt not really. I’ve never really thought about it and I’ve never really done that much research on feminism before. After watching videos on feminism and reading that article on Lady Gaga and Ke$ha my views have changed. I feel as if every women are feminist in the smallest bit since they want to be just as equal as men.  I definitely can’t say that I agree Lady Gaga is “true” feminist meaning she’s doing everything to express that men and women should be equal. The only thing why it’s hard for me to believe she’s a feminist is because in all her videos she’s wearing very sexual clothing and minimal clothing. Her lyrics on the other hand do show a feminist side by singing how men can look at her but not touch and how she’s fantasizing about a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment