Monday, January 17, 2011

Video Process Piece

When I heard that we had to make a video with a choice of using MovieMaker I was extremely excited because I have worked with that program several times before and I really enjoy it. It took me awhile to decide how I wanted to go about my video, but I knew that from the beginning I wanted my “ism” to be racism. I thought the best way for me to get my message across was doing a video poem. This way I could add music as well as pictures, and show my feelings through a poem. The poem took me a bit to come up with, but I enjoyed putting everything together. I tried to target my main concerns for racism as well as to get people to realize that it hurts many. I felt that mainly whites don’t realize the damage they do to some people. I wanted to target the main ideas that we had been focusing on for racism, mainly the ideas from all the videos we had watched prior to the project as well as the class readings. I feel over all that my project came out pretty well. I enjoyed putting my feelings into a poem and then adding music as well as pictures. I never write poems so it was quite a challenge, but I’m pleased with the outcome of everything and I hope everyone else is too.



Davis, Kiri, dir. A Girl Like Me. Prod. Stephanie W. Williams, John C. Williams, and Deborah Rudolph. 2005. 2008. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyI77Yh1Gg>.
 
Johnson, Allan G. Privilege, Power, and Difference. Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill, 2006. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment